Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Juste Comme Ça

Well, as I haven't posted in a dog's age I've decided to start writing something... anything. I've slacked a bit on my MMOing lately, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I've had more time to consume large quantities of Scotch and watch episodes of whatever series strikes my fancy in a given moment. Such as:
and. Yesterday, I truly played the child. I grabbed one of the all-time favorite sandbox games: GTA: San Andreas, and repeatedly spawned attack helicopters and VSTOL jet fighters and took out any pent-up frustrations I had with the world (which, admittedly, aren't really that many) on the poor citizens and law-enforcement officials of the fictional state of San Andreas. I slumped into a bleary eyed mess for a few hours which may have been just what I needed, because I felt great afterwards.

On Sunday, I happened upon one of the rare and fleeting opportunities to converse in one of my non-amerloque languages. More specifically, it was French. Oddly, the area of the world in which I live is remarkably devoid of francophones. But, from time-to-time, I stumble upon one and it feels a little bit more like home for a few days.

Life is good.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't know you had a blog thingy. :P
Mind if I link it to mine? ;)

And yes, it IS a bad thing, a very bad bad thing that you haven't played with us in a while! :P

Miss ya!

Youngblood said...

Please do!

Unknown said...

Hehehe. ;)

Mine is here.

Don't know if there's a way for you to link yours to mine if you wanted to. But there it is.

Karthy said...

You'll be around for double xp weekend though, right? :D

Youngblood said...

I think so, yeah.